The Alachua County Commission will hold its Regular Meeting on Tuesday, April 23, 2019. The meeting begins at 11:30 a.m., and will recess after the daytime agenda items are complete. The meeting will reconvene at 5:01 p.m. The meeting is in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209), located on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville).
Daytime items of interest include:
- Approval of Proclamation declaring May 5, through May 11, 2019, as "Corrections/Detention Employee Appreciation Week" in Alachua County, FL
- Approval of Proclamation declaring May 15, 2019, as "Police Memorial Day" and May 12, through May 18, 2019, as "National Police Week" in Alachua County, FL
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring May 13, 2019, as "Child Welfare Professionals Recognition Day" in Alachua County, FL
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring May 2019, as "Community Action Month" in Alachua County, FL
- Health Care Advisory Board confirmations and appointments
- Consider applications for seven vacancies on the Code Enforcement Board
- Appointment of an Alachua County Representative to the Wild Spaces Public Places Citizens Oversight Board
- Rural Concerns Advisory Committee appointment
- Brief History Reading Presentation on the Rochelle Historic Structures
- Tech Talent Initiative funding request
- Confirm appointment of Mari K. Daniels as Growth Management Director
Evening items of interest include:
- 2019 "Saving My Alachua" Environmental Art Contest Winners Recognition - with presentation
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring April 26, through April 28, 2019, as "40th Annual Fifth Avenue Arts Festival Days" in Alachua County, FL
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring May 5, through May 11, 2019, as "National Travel and Tourism Week" in Alachua County, FL
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring May 7, 2019, as "North Central Florida Regional Planning Council Day" in Alachua County, FL
- Public Hearing on Proposed Amendments to the Human Rights Ordinance, Chapter 111 of County Code
- Proposed Revisions to Article III, Stormwater, Alachua County Water Quality Code
- Public Hearing on an update to Unified Land Development Code related to non-conforming structures
- ZOM-04-19: A request to rezone from BW (Business Warehouse) district and BR (Business Retail Sales) district to BH (Business Highway) district on approximately one acre
View the Regular Meeting agenda and backup materials.
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular Meeting, which enables citizens to speak to items, not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend the meeting. It will be available to view live on Facebook, Cox Channel 12, and the County’s Video on Demand website.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Instagram Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.