The Metropolitan Transportation Planning Organization (MTPO) for the Gainesville Urbanized Area will conduct a hybrid virtual meeting at the County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, Gainesville) on April 26, 2021. The meeting will begin at 3 p.m.
Items of interest on the Agenda include:
- Bicycle/Pedestrian Advisory Board - Vacant Positions
- Citizens Advisory Committee- Vacant Positions
- Transportation Improvement Program Emergency Amendments - Various Projects
- Florida Department of Transportation Report
Items of interest in the Consent Agenda at this Meeting include:
Transit Safety Performance Measures and Targets - 2021
- Federal Transit Administration Section 5305(d) Grant Application for Fiscal Year 2021-22
- Unified Planning Work Program Amendment
- Metropolitan Transportation Planning Process Certification Statement
- Title VI/Nondiscrimination Policy Statement
- Alachua County Transportation Disadvantaged Board Coordinating Board Membership Certification
View the meeting agenda
The public may make comments in person or by calling 1-800-876-7516. Those attending in person must wear a facial covering at all times. Public seating will be made available up to the capacity that permits adequate social distancing. Those not attending in person may view the meeting on Cox Channel 12, Facebook
, and the County’s Video on Demand website
. For meeting audio-only, call 301-715-8592, and when prompted, use meeting code 670 965 3024.
The Metropolitan Transportation Planning Organization is responsible for the continuing, comprehensive and cooperative urban transportation planning program for the Gainesville Metropolitan Area. This planning program is required in order to receive federal and state funds for transportation projects.
Voting members consist of the five Alachua County Commissioners and the Mayor and the six City of Gainesville Commissioners. Non-voting members are The University of Florida President’s designee, a Rural Advisor designated by the Metropolitan Transportation Planning Organization and the Florida Department of Transportation District 2 Secretary’s designee. Staff services are provided by the North Central Florida Regional Planning Council.
For more information, please contact Scott Koons at 352.955.2200, ext. 101.
Public participation is solicited without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, familial status, religious status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Persons who require special accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act or persons who require translation services (free of charge) should contact Scott Koons at 352.955.2200, extension 101, at least five (5) days before the public meeting. TTY users please call 711 (Florida Relay Service).