The Alachua County Commission will conduct a hybrid Regular Meeting on Tuesday, July 13, 2021, at the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, Gainesville). The daytime portion of the meeting begins at 11:30 a.m. The evening portion begins at 5 p.m.
The Commission will take public comment in person or by calling 1-800-876-7516. Masking in the meeting is now voluntary. Alachua County strongly recommends that those not vaccinated wear a mask.
Daytime items of interest:
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring July 2021 as “Parks and Conservation Lands Month” in Alachua County, FL
- Appointment of two people to the Alachua County Land Conservation Board
- Alachua County Criminal Justice, Mental Health and Substance Abuse Reinvestment Grant Planning Committee update
- Regional Transit System presentation on Transit Development Plan and revenue sources information
- Sports Events Center Development Agreement, Operation & Maintenance Agreement, and donation of property to the County
- CDBG Housing Grant #18DB-OM-03-11-01-H03 recommendations for award and site-specific environmental review’s approval for signatures (affordable housing)
- Exclusive Franchise for Residential and Commercial Waste Collection Services update
- Presentation and Public Hearing of Chapter 78, Countywide Natural Resources Protection Code
- Public Hearing on proposed changes to the Amendments to the Human Rights Ordinance, Chapter 111 of County Code
- ZOX-02-21: Lawn Enforcement Agency Special Exception Major Amendment to allow agriculture services on 5.1 acres of an 8.7 acre parcel.
Evening items of interest:
- Solid Waste Non Ad Valorem Assessment: Initial Assessment Resolution and Authorization to Advertise a Public Hearing
- Fire Assessment: Initial Assessment Resolution and Authorization to Advertise a Public Hearing
- Sugarfoot Oaks/Cedar Ridge Special Assessment District: Initial Assessment Resolution and Authorization to Advertise a Public Hearing
- Stormwater Non-Ad Valorem Assessment: Initial Assessment Resolution and Authorization to Advertise a Public Hearing
- Public Hearing to set proposed millage rates for General County and Law Enforcement MSTU
- Special Assessment District (SAD) for NW 180th St: Authorization to Advertise a Public Hearing to Impose Non-Ad Valorem Assessments for a Special Assessment District for NW 180th Street
For more information, contact Alachua County Communications Director Mark Sexton at 352-264-6979 or email@example.com