CORRECTION: The agenda in the previous press release was incomplete. Click the link below for the corrected agenda
Alachua County Commission will conduct its Regular Meeting on Tuesday, September
27, 2022, at the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street,
Gainesville). The daytime meeting begins at 11:30 a.m. The evening portion of
the meeting begins at 5 p.m. The evening portion of the meeting includes the adoption of
the FY23 Final Millage Rates and Final Budget.
for vulnerable citizens are strongly recommended. The public may view the
meetings on Cox Channel 12 and the County’s Video on Demand website.
the Board Discussion, in-person public comment will be taken. During the
Regular Meeting, the public can make comments at the meetings in person or call
in during the 12 p.m. (noon) comment period. Callers will have three minutes to
comment on anything not on the agenda and three minutes to discuss anything on
the agenda. Callers can choose either or both. Those commenting on items on the
agenda will not be allowed to comment again on agenda items if attending the
meeting in person later in the day. The call-in number is 1-929-205-6099. When
prompted, enter meeting ID 873 5974 1977. Callers can hear the meeting while on
hold and can use the system to listen. If you wish to comment, Raise Your Hand
by dialing *9 (star nine). Once you are called on by the last four digits of your
phone number, Unmute Your Phone by dialing *6 (star six).
state your name and begin your comments. The public comment moderator will
determine whether you want one or both comment opportunities and tell you when
your time is up. In-person public comments will also be taken for each agenda
Meeting daytime items of interest:
- Approval of a Proclamation Declaring October 2nd through October 8th, 2022, as “National 4-H Week” in Alachua County, Florida
- Approval of a Proclamation Declaring October 20th, 2022, as “Lights on Afterschool Day” in Alachua County, Florida
- Approval of a Proclamation Declaring October 9th through 15th, 2022, as “Fire Prevention Week” in Alachua County, Florida
- Approval of a Proclamation Declaring October 2022, as “American Pharmacists Month” in Alachua County, Florida
- Appointment of two (2) members to the Alachua County Historical Commission
- Appointment of Two Positions to the Alachua County Planning Commission
- American Rescue Plan - State & Local Fiscal Relief Funds - Broadband Update
- Board Rules of Procedure for Meetings Update
- Santa Fe River - Matthews Tract Option Contract to Purchase Real Property
- Z22-000002: Public Hearing to consider the Kirkland rezoning from the R-1a (single family residential) to the R-1c (single family residential) zoning district on parcel number 20077-005-000, 15326 US HWY 301.
- First of Two Required Public Hearings to consider a Unified Land Development Code text amendment to Article XVI “Overnight Accommodations”, adding Sec. 404.72 “Farm Stay"
- Public Hearing to consider an Ordinance Establishing a Process for Creating Municipal Services Benefit Units (MSBUs); Requiring MSBUs for the Acceptance of Plats for Future Residential Developments and Providing a Funding Mechanism for Future Road and Capital Maintenance within the MSBU. (30 minutes)
Meeting evening items of interest:
- Adopt the FY23 Final Millage Rates and Final Budget
- First Public Hearing to consider an ordinance to place a six-month moratorium on acceptance of new development plan applications for Cottage Neighborhoods.
- CPA-01-22: A transmittal public hearing to consider a request for a large-scale Comprehensive Plan and Text amendment on the former West End Golf Course property located at 12830 W. Newberry Road (approximately 75 acres) (Legislative)
the Regular Meeting agenda and backup items.
are encouraged to stay informed by signing up for the following: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and subscribe to
more information, contact Alachua County Communications Director Mark Sexton at
352-264-6979 or email@example.com.