Alachua County is convening two community workshops to develop a potential community plan and capital improvement plan for Camp McConnell on Wednesday, February 26, 2020, at 1:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. The workshops will be held at Camp McConnell (210 S.E. 134th Avenue, Gainesville). They will begin with a brief public tour of the facilities.
The workshops offer the community opportunities to share ideas, recommendations, and develop potential plans for the future uses of Camp McConnell.
The property features more than 40,000 sq. ft. of buildings with amenities including:
- Olympic size pool
- Day cabin facility with a recreation hall, pool baths, locker rooms, and storage
- Camp store
- Air-conditioned cabins
- Lakeside outdoor chapel
- Horseback riding center with stables
- Paintball and obstacle courses
- Nature and mountain biking trails
- Archery, rifle, and bb gun ranges
- Basketball, tennis, and volleyball courts
- Soccer, disc golf, and tug of war fields
For more information, contact Alachua County Tourism Development Manager Jessica Hurov at 352-363-8619 or firstname.lastname@example.org