The Alachua County Commission will conduct its virtual Regular Meeting on Tuesday, October 27, 2020. The Regular Meeting begins at 11:30 a.m. and will recess after the morning agenda items are completed. The meeting will reconvene at 5:01 p.m. for the evening agenda.
The public may attend virtually through Cox Channel 12, Facebook, and the County’s Video on Demand website. For meeting audio only, call 301-715-8592, and when prompted, use meeting code 670 965 3024, pass code 2522482 (Alachua). The public may submit comments to the board through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by calling into the public comment message line when prompted to call during the meeting. Public comment will be taken by telephone for all non-ministerial items on which the Commission votes. Once public comment is opened for an item under discussion, please call 929-205-6099 (enter meeting code 273 174 8038). Callers will be put in a queue and prompted when it is their turn to speak. TO AVOID FEEDBACK, SPEAKERS MUST TURN DOWN THEIR MEETING SOUND WHEN ADDRESSING THE COMMISSION. The Commission will allow up to a total of 30 minutes for citizen comments on each item opened for public comment. In addition, the Commission will open phone lines for one 30-minute public comment session for the public to discuss items not on the Commission agenda. The public is encouraged to submit any written or photographic documents prior to the meeting to email@example.com.
Daytime items of interest include:
- Approval of a Proclamation Declaring October 2020 as “Community Planning Month” in Alachua County, FL
- Proclaim October 2020 as “Community Planning Month” in Alachua County, FL
- Approval of Proclamation Declaring November 19, 2020 as “Children Grief Awareness Day” in Alachua County, FL
- Approval of a Proclamation Declaring October 2020 as “American Pharmacist Month” in Alachua County, FL
- Rural Concerns Advisory Committee Appointments
- COVID-19 Discussion (includes Health Department update and CARES Act update)
- City of Archer Request for the County’s Position on Possible Annexation of Alachua County Forever Metzger Tract
- CPA 04-20: Large-Scale Comprehensive Plan Text Amendment to Rural and Agricultural Policies in Section 6.0 of the Future Land Use Element
Evening items of interest include:
- ZOX-02-20: Parsons Private Motorized Vehicle Practice Facility Special Exception
- First Public Hearing to Consider Adoption of an Ordinance Updating the Alachua County Unified Land Development Code
For more information, contact Alachua County Communications Director Mark Sexton at 352-264-6979 or firstname.lastname@example.org