Alachua County seeks volunteers to serve on Advisory Boards. Those looking for a volunteer opportunity that allows them to give back to their community and participate in their County's decision-making process should consider serving on one of the many Board vacancies currently open. The County Commission relies on input from these Boards to make informed decisions and set policies.
Over 250 citizens serve on the Advisory Boards advising County Government and local agencies on many topics. They include affordable housing, economic development, environmental protection, human rights, County finances, and many other issues. The Alachua County Commission seeks citizen volunteers to serve on several Advisory Boards.
Current Advisory Board openings include:
- Alachua County Housing Authority Board – Two vacancies, including one alternate and one tenant alternate.
- Arts Council of Alachua County – One citizen at large vacancy.
- Citizens Disability Advisory Committee – Two vacancies, including one alternate and one citizen at large.
- Economic Development Advisory Committee – One member actively engaged with economic development organizations.
- Equity Advisory Committee – Eight vacancies, including one alternate.
- Health Care Advisory Board – One alternate vacancy.
- Historical Commission – One citizen at large and one alternate vacancy.
- Housing Finance Authority – Three citizens at large vacancies, with one being knowledgeable in labor, finance, or commerce.
- Human Rights Board – Three vacancies, including one alternate, one lending institution representative, and one residential rental manager.
- Infrastructure Surtax Oversight Board – One Alachua County resident (alternate), one Alachua County resident, and one Representative Incorporated Cities – Not Gainesville.
- Local Planning Agency – One citizen at large vacancy.
- Public Safety Coordinating Council – One representative from a County or State jobs program or other community groups who work with offenders and victims.
- Regional Transit System Advisory Board – Three vacancies, including one citizen who is one (or more) of the following: Chamber of Commerce Representative, member of the environmental community, member of the MTPO Citizen's Advisory Committee; one citizen who is one (or more) of the following: major employer in the local area, senior citizen, person with a disability; and one citizen who is one (or more) of the following: regular user of transit system, UF student, SFC student, member of a neighborhood and/or homeowners association.
- Rural Concerns Advisory Committee – Two vacancies for Member Actively Involved in Agriculture and/or Silviculture.
- Tourist Development Council – One hotel owner or operator vacancy.
- Victim Services and Rape Crisis Center Advisory Council – Two citizens at large and one alternate vacancies.
For more information, contact Alachua County Manager - Chief of Staff Gina Peebles at 352-337-6279 or firstname.lastname@example.org