The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting on Tuesday, October 8, 2019, in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville). The Regular Meeting begins at 11:30 a.m. and will recess after the morning agenda items are completed. The meeting will reconvene at 5:01 p.m. for the evening agenda.
Daytime items of interest include:
- Approval of a Proclamation Declaring October 2019 as “Community Planning Month” in Alachua County, FL
- Approval of a Proclamation Declaring October 6th through 12th, 2019 as “Fire Prevention Week 2019” in Alachua County, FL
- Approval of a Proclamation Declaring November 2019 as “Hunger Awareness Month “in Alachua County, FL
- Length of Service Milestone Recognition
- Economic Forecast
- Presentation of the Conceptual Master Plan for Squirrel Ridge Park
- SW 8th Avenue and Tomoca Hills Stormwater Maintenance Project
Evening items of interest include:
- Approval of a Proclamation Declaring September 2019 as “Early Childhood Awareness Month” in Alachua County, FL
- Approval of a Proclamation Declaring October 6th through 12th, 2019 as “National 4-H Week” in Alachua County, FL
- Unified Land Development Code (ULDC) Text Amendment: Thresholds for Board review of Preliminary Development Plans (PDP)
- Amendments to Chapter 405.33 (Preservation Buffer Overlay District) of the Unified Land Development Code (ULDC)
View the Regular Meeting agenda and backup materials
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular Meeting which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend the meeting. It will be available to view live on Cox Channel 12, Facebook, and on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Instagram Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.