The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting on Tuesday, November 12, 2019, in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville). The Regular Meeting begins at 11:30 a.m. and will recess after the morning agenda items are completed. The meeting will reconvene at 5:01 p.m. for the evening agenda. During the morning portion, the Commission will elect a new Chair and Vice Chair.
During the evening portion of the meeting, the Board will conduct a Public Hearing to adopt Comprehensive Plan Updates. See the agenda item below.
Daytime items of interest include:
- Election and installation of Chair and Vice Chair for the year 2019 – 2020
- Remarks by incoming Chair
- Remarks by other Commissioners
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring November 15, 2019 as “Dr. Maggie Labarta Appreciation Day” in Alachua County, FL
- Florida Local Workforce Development Board structure
- Select artist for CTA 19-908 rebid Call to Artists for Tax Collectors Office
- Pavement Management update
- Septic Tank Ordinance options
- Presentation Newnans Lake Initiative update
Evening items of interest include:
- FY20 Budget Amendment for carry forwards, re-appropriations and fund balance adjustments
- Nuisance Abatement Ordinance
- ZOM-07-19: Perez rezoning
- ZOM-11-19: Tara St. Augustine rezoning
- Preliminary Development Plan Over Threshold - Tara St. Augustine
- CPA 03-19: Public Hearing on adoption of amendments to update the Alachua County Comprehensive Plan based on the Evaluation and Appraisal – proposed amendments to the Plan (CPA-03-19) include revisions to certain goals, objectives, policies, maps, tables, and definitions in the following elements: Future Land Use, Transportation Mobility, Housing, Potable Water and Sanitary Sewer, Solid Waste, Conservation and Open Space, Stormwater Management, Recreation, Intergovernmental Coordination, Economic, Capital Improvements, Public School Facilities, Community Health, and Energy.
Visit the Alachua County Comprehensive Plan Update webpage.
View the Regular Meeting agenda and backup materials
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular Meeting which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend the meeting. It will be available to view live on Cox Channel 12, Facebook, and on the County’s Video on Demand website.
Citizens are encouraged to stay engaged by signing up for the following: Facebook Twitter Instagram Newsletter/Press Release
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.