The Alachua County Commission will conduct their Regular Meeting on Tuesday, February 11, 2020, in the Jack Durrance Auditorium (Room 209) on the second floor of the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, downtown Gainesville). The Regular Meeting begins at 11:30 a.m. and will recess after the morning agenda items are completed. The meeting will reconvene at 5:01 p.m. for the evening agenda.
During the daytime portion of the meeting, the County Commission will recognize the retirement of Environmental Protection Department Director Chris Bird.
Daytime items of interest include:
- Retirement recognition for Chris Bird, Director, Environmental Protection Department followed by departing remarks
- Historical reading about Chester Shell
- Charter Review Commission - filling vacancy
- Rural Concerns Advisory Committee Annual Work Plan FY 2019-2020
- Alachua County Housing Finance Authority presentation
- UF Campus Master Plan update presentation
- Presentation of Eco-Industrial Business Plan for shovel-ready industrial parcels
- Update on parking lot rental lights
- Career Source update and action item
- Final Plat for Park’s Edge Subdivision
- Update of Alachua County Agricultural and Equestrian Center planning
- County Community Redevelopment grants for the Gainesville Metropolitan Area
- Administrating official complaint policy
Evening items of interest include:
- Workshop on amendments to Unified Land Development Code related to Open Space
- Recreational vehicles and tiny home regulations
There are four public comment opportunities during the Regular Meeting which enable citizens to speak to items not on the agenda. The public is encouraged to attend the meeting. It will be available to view live on Cox Channel 12, Facebook, and on the County’s Video on Demand
For more information, contact the Alachua County Communications Office at 352-374-5204.