The Alachua County Commission will conduct its Regular Meeting on Tuesday, May 24, 2022, at the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, Gainesville). The daytime meeting begins at 11:30 a.m. The evening meeting begins at 5 p.m.
Masks are strongly encouraged when social distancing is not possible. The public may view the meeting on Cox Channel 12 and the County’s Video on Demand
Public comment will be taken for each agenda item and the public will also have an opportunity to speak about items not on the agenda at noon and 5:30 p.m. Members of the public who wish to speak are asked to limit their comments to three minutes.
Daytime items of interest:
- Retirement Recognition for Larry Stewart, Lieutenant, Fire and Rescue Services
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring May 2022, as “Mental Health Awareness Month” in Alachua County, Florida
- Select artist for West Lawn Sankofa Statue and approve use of General Fund Reserves for balance of budget
- Lake Santa Fe to Alto Canal and flooding concerns on Lake Santa Fe
- Wild Spaces Public Places Citizens Oversight Board discussion
- Animal Resources and Care update
- Hearing to establish Springhills North Community Development District
- Hearing to establish Springhills South Community Development District
Evening item of interest:
- CPA-01-22: A transmittal public hearing to consider a request for a large-scale Comprehensive Plan and Text amendment on the former West End Golf Course property located at 12830 W. Newberry Road (approximately 75 acres)
For more information, contact Alachua County Communications Director Mark Sexton at 352-264-6979 or firstname.lastname@example.org