State Housing Initiatives Partnership Program (SHIP) funding for roof replacement and home repair as part of the Owner-Occupied Rehabilitation program is currently available through the Alachua County Housing Division. The funds are for low and very low-income eligible applicants who reside in Alachua County. Those living in the City of Gainesville are ineligible. This program is first come, first serve.
To qualify for the funds, you must meet the following criteria:
- The assisted unit must be owner-occupied, the owner’s primary residence, and located in Alachua County and outside the City of Gainesville.
- Property taxes must be paid current on the unit to be assisted.
- Homeowners must be very low or low income, depending on the funding source.
- Each unit, with the exception of emergency repairs, must meet or exceed the minimum housing code.
- Other requirements may need to be met, depending on the funding source.
To see low and very low-income household sizes
For an application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact Alachua County Housing Grants/Contracts Specialist Tom Allred at 352-337-6240 or email@example.com
.ALACHUA COUNTY IS A FAIR HOUSING / EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES/DISABILITY ACCESS JURISDICTION.
If accommodations are needed doe persons with disabilities, please contact Alachua County Equal Opportunity Office at (352)374-5275 (voice) (352-374-5284 (TDD) or 711 Relay Friendly. For general information, visit Community Support Services website
or call 352-337-6240.