Local Business Incentives
- Bond financing to encourage industry and businesses locate in Alachua County.
- Projects to be considered for financing in addition to machinery, fixtures, equipment and any rehabilitation or addition to any building or structure , are set forth on the Florida Industrial Development Financing Act.
Accomplish community reinvestment projects in partnership with existing and new developments in the CRA districts.
Operates in four community redevelopment areas: Eastside, Fifth Avenue/Pleasant Street, Downtown and College Park/University Heights. The following programs are available to businesses currently located in (or relocating into) one of the CRA districts:
- Gainesville CRA
- 802 NW 5th Ave, Suite 200
- Gainesville, FL
- Area in the City of Gainesville that has been targeted for economic revitalization by the State of Florida, offering financial incentives to businesses and property owners to encourage private investment and increase employment opportunities.
- Companies can receive credits on their state sales tax, corporate income tax and property tax. In addition, local incentives include a 50% discount on building permits, development fees and occupational licenses.