Alachua County Citizens Academy
Tour of Waste Management Facilities 2015
Commissioner Chestnut 2015
Michelle Lieberman, County Attorney 2015
Animal Services Equipment Demo 2016
Environmental Protection Surface Waters Demo 2016
Fire Rescue Demo 2016
Sheriff Presentation 2016
Budget Activity with Participants 2016
Commissioner Hutchinson 2016
Citizens Academy Class Photo 2016
Citizens Academy Graduation 2016
Chair Hutchinson welcomes Alachua County Citizens Academy 2016
Alachua County Citizens Academy Welcome Message
Dear Alachua County Citizens:
Whether you are new to our community, or are a life-long resident, we strongly encourage you, your colleagues and neighbors to participate in the Alachua County Citizens Academy.
Our Citizens Academy offers you an opportunity to participate in behind-the-scenes tours, hear lectures and interact with Alachua County officials from the Board of County Commissioners, Constitutional Offices, Judiciary, Library District, and School Board.
Throughout the eight-week program, you will better understand the variety of discretionary and mandated services provided to you through your local government and appreciate how those services impact your quality of life. In order to graduate, participants are expected to attend at least six of the eight sessions.
Thank you for your interest in the Alachua County Citizens Academy!
The Alachua County Leadership Team
2020 Alachua County Citizens Academy Schedule (Tentative)
Each session below showcases specific County Departments, Constitutional and Judicial Offices, and Special Taxing Districts within Alachua County. All sessions are Thursdays from 9:00am to 12:30pm, with the exception of May 21, 2020 which is scheduled from 8:00am to 3:00pm. Attendance at all sessions is recommended, however, you must attend at least six (6) of the eight (8) sessions to receive a certificate of completion. (Schedule is subject to change.)
April 02, 2020 - 9:00am - 12:30pm
Alachua County Library District - Headquarters
- County Manager
- County Attorney
- Management and Budget
- Library District
April 09, 2020 - 9:00am - 12:30pm
Alachua County Sheriff's Office - Squad Room
April 16, 2020 - 9:00am - 12:30pm
Criminal Courthouse - Jury Room
April 23, 2020 - 9:00am - 12:30pm
Work Release Facility
April 30, 2020 - 9:00am - 12:30pm
Alachua County Community Services & Health Department
May 07, 2020 - 9:00am - 12:30pm
Veterans Memorial Park
May 14, 2020 - 9:00am - 12:30pm
Josiah T. Walls Building
May 21, 2020 - 8:00am - 3:00pm
Public Works Compound - Hague - Start of Chartered Bus Tour
If you have any questions regarding the 2020 Citizens Academy,
please call 352-374-5262.
- You must be 18 or older to participate.
- You are responsible for transportation to/from each meeting site.
- Photos may be taken during the Alachua County Citizens Academy sessions, which could be used by Alachua County for marketing, promotion, and/or informational content in print and/or digital media.
- Alachua County Citizens Academy program seating is limited to 45. If registration capacity is reached, a wait list will be generated.
- If you have a disability and need an accommodation in order to participate in a County program, service or public meeting, please contact the Alachua County Equal Opportunity Office at (352)374-5275 at least 2 business days prior to the event. TTY users please call 711 (Florida Relay Service).