Alachua County prohibits unlawful discrimination in county
employment, programs, and services. The Human Rights Ordinance, Chapter
111 of County Code, prohibits unlawful discrimination in Employment,
Housing and Public Accommodations in Alachua County.
The Equal Opportunity Office provides the following services:
- Investigation of discrimination complaints. Complaint Processing FAQ.
- Investigation of wage theft complaints.
- Counseling and technical assistance on Employment, Public Services, Public Accommodations and Fair Housing issues.
- Small Business certification. Small Business Application
- Public education and outreach.
July is Disability Awareness Month
To file a discrimination complaint regarding county employment, programs or services; a complaint under the Human Rights Ordinance involving Employment, Fair Housing or Public Accommodations; or a wage theft complaint, please contact:
- Jacqueline Chung
- Equal Opportunity Manager
- 12 SE 1st Street, 1st Floor
- Gainesville, FL 32601
- Phone: (352) 374-5275
- Fax: (352) 338-3205
- TDD/TTY Users: please call 711 (Florida Relay Service)
Helpful Resource Links
U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights Division
Information and Technical Assistance on the Americans with Disabilities Act
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Ask Jan, Job Accommodation Network