Alachua County prohibits unlawful discrimination in county
employment, programs, and services. The Human Rights Ordinance, Chapter
111 of County Code, prohibits unlawful discrimination in Employment,
Housing and Public Accommodations in Alachua County.
The Equal Opportunity Office provides the following services:
- Investigation of discrimination complaints. Complaint Processing FAQ.
- Investigation of wage theft complaints. Wage Theft Inquiry Form.
- Counseling and technical assistance on Employment, Public Services, Public Accommodations and Fair Housing issues.
- Small Business certification. Small Business Application
- Public education and outreach.
Current Topics & Events:
- Proposed Amendments to Human Rights Ordinance
- Alachua County Diversity and Inclusion Plan.pdf
- Wage Recovery Program
- ADA Public Notice English |
- Grievance Procedure under the ADA English|
- Public Notice and Assurance of Non-Discrimination English|
- Title VI Grievance Procedure English|
- Alachua County Title VI Non-Discrimination Assurance
To file a discrimination complaint regarding county employment, programs or services; a complaint under the Human Rights Ordinance involving Employment, Fair Housing or Public Accommodations; or a wage theft complaint, please contact:
- Jacqueline Chung
- Equal Opportunity Manager
- 12 SE 1st Street - 1st Floor
- Gainesville, FL 32601
- Phone: (352) 374-5275
- Fax: (352) 338-3205
- TDD/TTY Users: please call 711 (Florida Relay Service)