Section 353.32 of the Hazardous Materials Management Code contains a list of prohibited hazardous materials storage facilities in environmentally sensitive areas of the County. These siting prohibitions are only applicable in the unincorporated areas of Alachua County.
The following facilities are prohibited in areas of Alachua County designated as the unconfined zone of the Floridan aquifer system.
- Portland cement manufacturing
- Chemical manufacturing
- Pesticide manufacturing
- Auto salvage or junkyard
- Asphalt plant
- Battery reclamation or manufacturing
- Electronics manufacturing using halogenated solvent
- Hazardous waste transfer facilities
- RCRA hazardous waste treatment, storage, or disposal (TSD) facilities
- Regional pesticide distribution site
- Underground storage tank systems for the storage of hazardous materials
- New wholesale bulk fuel storage
The section also contains siting prohibitions and setback requirements for class "C" or "D" facilities in environmentally sensitive areas of the County.