All businesses applying fertilizer to turf and/or landscape plants in Alachua County must ensure all employees have an appropriate "Florida Friendly Best Management Practices for Protection of Water Resources by the Green Industries" training certificate. All commercial and institutional applicators shall carry evidence that they are a FDACS Commercial Fertilizer Applicator.
To check for trainings around the state view the schedule HERE.
- Click HERE to find out which landscaping professionals have already completed the required training.
Upcoming Local Green Industries Best Management Practices Workshops
February 21, 2019
July 18, 2019
These workshops are from 8:15 to 4:00 and are designed to provide training in Best Management Practices for anyone working in the lawn, landscape, pest control, or municipal grounds areas. Earn CEUs for pesticide license holders. Cost to attend is $25.00 which includes materials and lunch. For more information contact Tatiana Sanchez at 352-955-2402 or by e-mail at Tsanchez@alachuacounty.us.
Best Management Practices
- Recommendations for N, P, K, and MG for Golf Course and Athletic Field Fertilization
- Best Management Practices for the Enhancement of Environmental Quality on Florida Golf Courses
- Labeling Requirements for Urban Turf Fertilizers
- Alachua County's Landscaping BMP