The Alachua County Commission will conduct a hybrid Regular Meeting on Tuesday, November 10, 2020, at 11:30 a.m. The meeting will recess after the morning agenda items are completed, and will reconvene at 5:01 p.m. for the evening agenda. The Commission will discuss the Grace Market transitional campground, and an Operation of Airboats Ordinance.
The public who attend in-person must wear a facial covering at all times. Public seating will be made available up to the capacity that permits adequate social distancing.
The public may attend virtually through Cox Channel 12, Facebook
, and the County’s Video on Demand website
. For meeting audio only, call 301-715-8592, and when prompted, use meeting code 670 965 3024, pass code 2522482 (Alachua).
The public may submit comments, written or photographic documents to the Board through email (email@example.com
) before the meeting or by participating when prompted to by the Chair of the Board. Virtual participation is available through the public comment message line. When prompted to call during the meeting, please call 929-205-6099 (enter meeting code 273 174 8038). Callers will be put in a queue, and prompted when it is their turn to speak. TO AVOID FEEDBACK, CALLERS TO THE PUBLIC COMMENT MESSAGE LINE MUST TURN DOWN THEIR MEETING SOUND WHEN ADDRESSING THE COMMISSION
. Callers should state their names and limit comments to two minutes. When prompted for in-person public comment, in-person participants should follow the direction of the Chair to participate.
Daytime items of interest include:
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring November 2020 as “Native American Heritage Month” in Alachua County, FL
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring November 11th,2020 as “Veterans Day” in Alachua County, FL
- •Healthcare Advisory Board appointments
- Everett parcel access
- Request to Proceed to Negotiate with the most responsive proposer for a sports events center
- Purchase of Budget Inn located at 4401 S.W. 13th Street, Gainesville, FL-Tax Parcel # 07222-000-000 & # 07222-001-000
- Sale, purchase and escrow agreement for the building at 3217 S.W. 47th Avenue for the Medical Examiner
- Funding for Grace Market transitional campground
- Mill Creek Sink Water Quality Improvement Project, Countywide Wetland Protection Code application
- UF Campus Master Plan update presentation
- •Public Hearing to consider an Ordinance establishing a six-month moratorium on new development or structures in rural commercial agriculture land use and commercial zoning areas.
- Public Hearing on proposed ordinance to adopt a new section 114.09 of the Code, entitled Operation of Airboats
Evening items of interest include:
- Public Hearing for Board Consideration of a Right-of-Way Vacation for a Portion of NE 132nd Terrace in the Plat of North Windsor
- FY21 Budget Amendment for Carry Forwards, Re-appropriations and Fund Balance Adjustments
- Second Public Hearing to Consider Adoption of an Ordinance Updating the Alachua County Unified Land Development Code
For more information, contact Alachua County Communications Director Mark Sexton at 352-264-6979 or firstname.lastname@example.org