Please be advised that beginning on Tuesday, February 12, 2019, Employees of Alachua County Court Services, and their service areas, are relocating according to the following schedule. Clients can continue to call the main Court Services phone number at 352-338-7390 to receive further instructions or assistance.
The affected buildings are:
- Wilson Building, 14 N.E. 1st Street, Gainesville
- Empire Building, 249 W. University Ave, Gainesville
- Former Public Defender Building, 35 N. Main Street, Gainesville
Services affected by the move, date, and new location are:
- Tuesday, February 12: Department Administration - from the Wilson Building to the Former Public Defender Building
- Wednesday, February 13: Community Service - from the Wilson Building to the Former Public Defender Building in the morning
- Wednesday, February 13: First Appearance - from the Empire Building to the Former Public Defender Building in the afternoon
- Wednesday and Thursday, February 13 and 14: Centralized Screening Team - from the Empire Building to the Former Public Defender Building in the afternoon
- Friday and Saturday, February 15 and 16: Pretrial Services/Day Reporting - from the Wilson Building to the Empire Building
- Saturday and Sunday, February 16 and 17: Probation Services - from the Wilson Building to the Empire Building
Court Services continues to offer services during this transition time and they appreciate the community’s understanding regarding the complexity of this move. During the transition, clients reporting to the Wilson Building may be redirected to the Empire Building.
Beginning Monday, February 18, all clients referred by the court for intake should be referred to the Former Public Defender Building at 35 N. Main Street.
For more information, contact Alachua County Court Services Director Christine Curtis at 352-491-4650 or firstname.lastname@example.org.