The Alachua County Parks and Conservation Lands Department will host an open house to discuss plans for upgrades to Squirrel Ridge Park. The meeting is on Tuesday, July 16, 2019, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the Idylwild Elementary School media center (4601 S.W. 20th Terrace, Gainesville). Citizens are encouraged to attend to provide input and feedback.
Planned park upgrades focus on:
- Developing a destination park that also relates to the surrounding neighborhood
- Enhancing connections, both externally to Idylwild Neighborhood, Cottage Grove and Meridian, and internally between park elements
- Supporting, upgrading, and expanding the current park uses
- Creating a more welcoming park entry
- Adding new enhancements complementary to existing uses
- Creating a safe park experience
Elisabeth Manley of Manley Design, LLC will present schematics of the proposed upgrades to Squirrel Ridge Park and Parks staff will be on hand to answer questions.
Input can be given at the meeting, by email to email@example.com, or mail comments to:
Alachua County Parks and Conservation Lands
408 west University Ave., Suite 106
Gainesville, FL 32601
The deadline for public input is August 15, 2019.
For more information, call Alachua County Parks and Conservation Lands at 352-264-6868.