The Alachua County Commission will conduct a hybrid Regular Meeting on Tuesday, October 12, 2021, at the Alachua County Administration Building (12 S.E. 1st Street, Gainesville). The meeting begins at 11:30 a.m. The evening portion is canceled. The daytime meeting includes a COVID-19 discussion.
The Commission will take public comment in person or by calling 1-800-741-8011. If attending in person, masks are strongly recommended for those not vaccinated. The public may view the meeting on Cox Channel 12, Facebook
, and the County’s Video on Demand
Items of interest:
- Approval of a Proclamation declaring October 2021 as “American Pharmacists Month” in Alachua County, Florida
- Appointment of members to the Alachua County Economic Development Advisory Committee
- COVID 19 discussion
- CareerSource North Central Florida programs and services
- Request consideration of privately funded Criminal Courthouse improvements in honor of the late Judge Stephen P. Mickle, Sr.
- Request approval of Equity Plan detailed elements which include a citizen stipend, special duty pay for employees and the hiring of an outside consultant.
- S.W. 62nd Boulevard Connector Project, Countywide Wetland Protection Code Application
- Alachua County Commission redistricting - Public Workshop
- ZOS-01-21: Special Use Permit for Alachua County Fire/Rescue Station #80- 20 minutes
- First public hearing to adopt the UF Campus Development Agreement for 2020-2030
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG-CV) - Pre Application Second Public Hearing for COVID Grant Application
Alachua County plans to apply to the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) for a Small Cities Community Development Block Grant (CDBG-CV) not to exceed $4,900,000.00 in the Housing Rehabilitation category. Persons wanting to submit written comments on the application should send them by e-mail email@example.com or mail to 218 S.E. 24th Street, Gainesville, Florida 32641 Attn: Housing Division no later than October 11, 2021.
For more information, contact Alachua County Communications Director Mark Sexton at 352-264-6979 or firstname.lastname@example.org