State Housing Initiatives Partnership Program (SHIP) funding for roof replacement and home repair as part of the Owner-Occupied Rehabilitation program is available through the Alachua County Housing Division. The funds are for low and very low-income eligible applicants who reside in Alachua County. Those living in the City of Gainesville are ineligible. This program is first come, first serve.
To qualify for the funds, you must meet the following criteria:
- The assisted unit must be owner-occupied, the owner’s primary residence, and located in Alachua County and outside the City of Gainesville.
- Property taxes must be paid current on the unit to be assisted.
- Homeowners must be very low or low income, depending on the funding source.
- Except for emergency repairs, each unit must meet or exceed the minimum housing code.
- Other requirements may need to be met, depending on the funding source.
For an application or more information, contact Alachua County Housing Grants and Contracts Specialist Tom Allred at 352-337-6240 or email@example.com