Local Procurement Resources
- Program provides significant opportunities for qualified local small businesses to participate on a nondiscriminatory basis in all aspects of the City's contracting and procurement programs as well as other business services.
- The requests generated by Alachua County departments, the Library District and other user agencies results in a continual need for a wide variety of goods and services.
- This program ensures local small businesses have opportunities to participate in the competitive process for Alachua County contracts.
- Supports the purpose and goals of the University of Florida — its educational, research, patient care, and public service missions — by purchasing and providing quality goods and services at competitive prices and providing responsive and responsible service to all University departments.
- Seek out, identify and utilize small and diverse businesses to provide services and products purchased by the university, essential in the support of its mission for education, research and public service.
- Provide technical assistance and training to small and diverse businesses to help ensure a competent pool of vendors exist to meet the procurement needs of the university.