Traffic Case Filing Options
The Clerk’s Office is not permitted to accept court documents by email. Documents sent to the Clerk’s Office by email cannot be added to a court file. Documents can be submitted by mail, fax, or electronic filing. E-filed documents are usually processed and in the court file within a few hours when submitted during normal business hours. To submit a document via fax, the fax number is (352) 491-4400. By mail, documents can sent to: Alachua County Clerk of Court, 201 East University Avenue, Gainesville, FL 32601. Documents can also be brought to the Clerk’s Office in person.
How to E-File Documents for Traffic Cases
Set up an account at no charge by going to the state e-portal at www.myflcourtaccess.com. Select the link to File Now and follow the instructions to register.
- At the Map, select Existing Case, select Alachua County, then FILE NOW.
- For Division, select Civil Traffic.
- Enter the Year of the case and the numbers following “TR” on your case number, click SEARCH
- To find your case number go to www.alachuaclerk.org, Court Records, enter your ticket number in the Citation Number Box and Search.
- Click Next twice until you get to documents.
- At Documents, click on the ADD button. You can scroll down or search for the document you are filing. Check the box
Common Document Types
- Affidavit in Lieu of Proof of Insurance and Registration
- Affidavit of Defense or Admission and Waiver of Appearance
- Application for Determination of Civil Indigence
- Completion Certificate-Driving School
- Election of Court Hearing and Entry of Written Plea
- Election of Driving School
- Search for and Upload your document (must be PDF or Word) and click SAVE and NEXT.
- Click in the box next to your name to have proof you filed your document, click NEXT.
- If a fee is required, put your payment in here, otherwise click NEXT.
- Click SUBMIT.
For more information on e-filing, visit our website: http://www.alachuacounty.us/Depts/Clerk/Pages/eFiling.aspx