Plea Form to Request No Points & No Court Appearance OR Request a Hearing
Within 30 days of the date of the citation you can:
File a Plea Form for No Points and No Court Appearance
- A request to the Court for: No points on license & no court appearance.
- If the Court rejects this request, you will be notified of a hearing date and you will be required to attend. Please see the Plea Form for consequences for failure to appear in Court.
Request a Hearing – The Court may sentence you to any of the following:
- You will be required to appear in Court
- You may be sentenced to any of the following:
- An adjudication (points on driving record) and/or
- Suspension or revoking of license
- Statutory court costs and fines
- Civil penalties
To request a hearing, fill out the Deny the Citation as Charged and Request a Hearing form.
For a Plea Form, either access the form online: Plea Form for No Points and No Court Appearance or write to the Clerk at the mailing address or email address listed below. You can efile your request using these efiling instructions.
If you request a hearing, the penalty is not limited to the fine amount on your ticket. If the court determines that you committed the offense, the judge can impose a fine up to $1000, depending on the offense, and/or require you to attend driving school. You will be notified of the time and date of your hearing.
You may write the Clerk's Office at:
OR Email the Clerk's Traffic Bureau at:firstname.lastname@example.org(note: court filings cannot be accepted by email)
- Clerk of Court
- Traffic Bureau
- 201 E. University Avenue
- Gainesville, FL 32601
To file your Court Election form electronically:www.alachuacounty.us/depts/clerk/traffic%20citations/pages/filingoptions.aspx