The SHIP Home Repair Program assists low and very low income homeowners with critical repairs. Items eligible for repair include roof, heating and cooling, plumbing, electrical, and accessibility repairs.
Funding Availability Announcement
If you would like to be notified when funding becomes available and when the application process will begin, please fill out the SHIP Home Repair Notification Request form below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Home Repair Application Packet
Here is the Home Repair Application Packet Download:
Home Repair Application
Instructions: Comepletely fill out the Application Packet and return to Alachua County Housing Program Division at 218 SE 24th Street, Gainesville, FL 32641 or email to email@example.com
How do I qualify?
In order to qualify, you must meet the following criteria:
- The assisted unit must be owner occupied, the primary residence of the owner, must be located in Alachua County, and outside the City of Gainesville.
- Property taxes must be paid current on the unit to be assisted.
- Homeowner must be very low or low income depending on funding source.
- Each unit, with the exception of emergency repairs, must meet and may exceed minimum housing code.
- Meet other requirements depending on funding source.
To obtain a copy of the Home Repair Brochure
, please contact the Alachua County Housing Program at 352-337-6240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What income category does the program serve?
All households must be either very low or low income households.
What projects are eligible?
Emergency repairs, moderate rehabilitation of substandard housing, major housing rehabilitation, and in some cases home replacement.
Items eligible for critical home repair are: roof, heating and cooling, plumbing, electrical and accessibility repairs.
What are the terms of the loan?
Funding is provided in the form of a zero-interest, deferred payment loan.